October 3, 2013
The Information SLER Collects
Information You Provide
SLER may collect and store any personal information you enter through the Services or the Site. This includes identifying information, such as your name, company name, occupation, home and/or office address, phone number, email address, and credit card information.
Information Collected Automatically
Like many sites on the Internet, SLER automatically collects information from your browser when you visit the Site. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from SLER (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
Cookies and Use of Cookie Data
Like many sites on the Internet, when you visit the Site, SLER may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to the Site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, SLER also may automatically collect information about your online activity on the Site, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, and the links you click on the Site. SLER may use this data to better understand how you interact with the Site, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on the Site, and to improve the Site and our Services. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. In addition, please be aware that other parties may also place their own cookies on or through the Site, and may collect or solicit personal information from you. Other cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to the registration data you have submitted to SLER in hashed, non-human readable form. No personally identifiable information is contained in these cookies.
Information Collected by Third Parties
SLER may allow third parties, advertising companies, and ad networks to display advertisements on the Site and/or Services. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. SLER does not provide any personal information to these third parties.
How SLER Uses the Information It Collects
SLER may use information that it collects about you to:
- deliver the services that you have requested, including but not limited to by e-mailing you newsletters and sending you magazines, DVDs, books, or other purchased items.
- manage your account and provide you with customer support.
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites.
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
With Whom SLER Shares Your Information
SLER does not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when SLER informs you and gives you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. SLER may share personal information with:
SLER may share your personal information, which may include your name and email address, with third parties that perform certain services on SLER’s behalf. These services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, and supporting the functionality of the Site and/or Services.
Other Situations: SLER also may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise SLER’s legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, SLER may raise or waive any legal objection or right available.
- When SLER believes disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of SLER’s company, users, employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce SLER’s and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of SLER’s business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy.
- Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computers and/or networks located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, we may transfer personally identifiable information to the United States and process it there. By using the Site and/or Services you thereby consent to such transfer.
- SLER may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your information, whether personally identifiable or not, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
How You Can Access Your Information
How SLER Protects Your Personal Information
When you provide personal information through the Site or Services, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world. SLER takes appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. SLER wants you to feel confident using the Site and Services. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although SLER takes steps to secure your information, SLER does not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure.
SLER restricts the use of the Site and Services to individuals age 13 and above. SLER does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting the Site and Services From Outside the United States